Support Coomer consuming inordinate amounts of PC resources

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

gaius32

Diamond Tier
Dec 7, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I was curious if someone with more technical knowledge could tell me why Coomer (and lately bunkr too, to a lesser extent) sucks this huge amount of memory out of my PC, usually when multiple tabs are open, but the other day, a single coomer tab left open and idling on firefox while i was on the phone 15mins single handledly paralyzed my pc and i had to restart, the PC fan was also hyped like if i was playing a game or something...

I am doing something wrong, its firefox, or just the obnoxious ad spam? On the other hand jpg.su also spams ads but it doesnt cause this "pc stroke" situations, even with multiple tabs open...any ideas? :hahaa:

Dr Vinnie Boombatz

Bathwater Drinker
Feb 21, 2024
Seems like Ur PC infected w/ virus and/or malware draining resources on background get rid of it first using AV (Kaspersky preferably), & then familiarise yourself w/ DNS resolver while browsing interweb. I never knew JpgFish & coomer had any ads.

Reactions: gaius32

gaius32

Diamond Tier
Dec 7, 2022
i have kaspersky , never detected anything on scans, and automatically blocks suspicious pop ups

I thought about malware, but malware doesnt only activate when you have a coomer page open, isnt it? Should be like a constant drain of sorts :PeepoBlanket:

Reactions: BATELEUR