Support 2 request questions

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

alkaholik

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 30, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
1. Some videos I share are only 720p. That's why I put a little note under the post if anyone has a 1080p version. Unfortunately, the sentence is usually deleted by the moderator team. Do I actually have to start a new post/thread for this?
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

2. I would like to request videos from a website, but only those from a specific model. I had a new thread started by the lady in the request area with social media links, pictures and my request. Unfortunately the thread was deleted and I don't know what I did wrong.

alkaholik

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 30, 2023
1. The pictures say it all.

2. I discovered something in another post that might help me. English is not my native language, but if I understand correctly, I have to create a discussion thread for the model in which I can post my request. Is that right?

Solution

alkaholik

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 30, 2023
I'm just losing my English... In my example, the model has a main content thread and I read in the forum rules that in this case requests belong in the discussion thread. But you now claim that the discussion thread is only for conversations.... Please in simple English: Is my request right here? Link If not, please copy a link where it belongs. Or are no requests allowed at all once there is a main content thread?

Intuitively, you would think that a request belongs in the request area. There are surely reasons why this is handled differently here...

Midnighter

The Half Gang
May 21, 2024
Requests are not permitted in content threads.

Content should not be posted in discussion threads, except as part of a request, i.e. you can post a picture to ask "does anyone have this full set".

Content that is being provided to fulfil a request is no different; it goes in the content thread. If necessary, put a link to the request in the post with the content.

If a model already has a content thread, a discussion thread can be created and used for requests. Create the new thread, post a link to it in the content thread and then use the report function to notify a moderator, so they can sticky the post. Alternatively, if you don't know how to do this, use the report function to that a request a moderator to do this for you.

With respect to your first question I removed the request from that post, as well as some others where you had done something similar. Just because you're sharing content doesn't mean you get to ignore the rules.

Last edited:
  • PepePolice
Reactions: Sluthero69

alkaholik

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 30, 2023
@Sluthero & Midnighter

Thank you brothers.

I understood the rule "as soon as a model has a content thread, post your request in discussion" when I was browsing through the support pages. I should have done that much earlier. Many people just intuitively post requests in the request area and make the same mistake as me. In addition, many old requests in the content area that have survived are irritating, probably from times when things were handled differently. Perhaps it would be wise for the webmaster to write a sentence about it in the existing notice box in the request thread.
I read a few pinned forum rules and tips posts and I must have overlooked this specific rule. But believe me, I was more interested than with Microsoft's or Google's terms and conditions.

I have a large collection of content that I like to share and I have a seed/leech ratio of videos of around 15:1. Of course, once you get to a certain size, you don't find much new and you usually pay attention to improving the quality, but I've never posted a video for that reason. But when I see that a video I want to share is not in FHD, I think that with a simple, non-intrusive note I could get people to post who otherwise wouldn't have done so. Maybe out of habit or because it's too much effort to search the content thread again to avoid reposts and activate people who you can't find in a request or discussion area. Going for low-hanging fruit, I think that's what they say in psychology and sales. But I've stopped doing that now.

For my special request, I have already created a new thread and added a note in the content area. Let's see if it helps. The model is known but the scenes is probably too specific.

Edit: Just found it. Should probably be revised.

Last edited: