Support Recent deleted posts question

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

bobscock

Demystifier
Apr 25, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
TLDR: Some posts deleted from RG requests. Seeking explanation. Thanks.

Please, Log in or Register to view spoilers

In the past week I've had a few posts deleted. And again, this is expected sometimes. I think my question is basically "Why was one of the deletions marked as "promo"?" I filter through the stuff people request to make sure it's not rule breaking to my knowledge and of course to make sure it's nothing actually illegal. So, maybe I missed something, but the "promo" reason really confused me.

Hopefully this was just a mistake. Please let me know. Thanks.

PS: this is just about RG requests. I either understand why or not worried about other deletions.

Reactions: swagmonkey34

bobscock

Demystifier
Apr 25, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Got it.

so if someone requests [gonna use generic madeup sites for obvious reasons]

Rg. com/www.torrent-site. com.bbcfucks.1080p

And the resulting file is "
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
. com.bbcfucks.1080p"

I assume the issue is the url in the filename which counts as a promotion, correct? (Question 1)

And

The remedy for posting is to change the filename to eg "bbcfucks.1080p"? (Question 2)

Are people allowed to request files that will result in a promo violation? And it's on the person filling the request to modify the name, etc., to fit the rules on this site? (Question 3)

I'm not trying to be annoying and none of this is intended in an argumentative way. Just to be clear on that front. I'm trying to reduce and hopefully fully eliminate future deletions by not breaking rules. Thanks again.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Do you want fries with that?
Mar 10, 2022
Yes.

Yes.

Normally our filter would catch requests with blacklisted names, but "rapidgator" is also in the filter to prevent rapidgator links anywhere else besides the request thread. The problem is the filter shows only one word that was the trigger, so all rg request are marked as "rapidgator", we approve them and miss the blacklisted sites. So it wasn't actually allowed but it slipped through due to unfortunate circumstances.
If you want to make sure a site isn't blacklisted you can type it in the Post reply box and click on Preview, blacklisted sites are censored when previewed/posted.

Reactions: bobscock

bobscock

Demystifier
Apr 25, 2022
Ah, ok.

I appreciate the in-depth answers from both of you. That little preview tip will also be very useful. Thank you. 🫡