Tools Ways to rip entire TikTok profile?

SamIsDaddy

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 10, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Super late I feel but I have had some success getting some profiles other profiles give me a Unable to download webpage: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request (caused by <HTTPError 400: 'Bad Request'>); I know the username/link is right.

neolith

egirl shill
Mar 11, 2022
Last edited:

breadstick100

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 17, 2022
Adding another option for those interested,
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
Instructions are in the readme. Also really good for when new content is posted.

neolith

egirl shill
Mar 11, 2022
Just consolidating my solutions into a single post and I will update it for future changes.

To attempt to rip entire profiles (updated 2023-12-14):
yt-dlp has been broken for scraping entire profiles for a bit, but someone made a working yt-dlp plugin.

1. make sure python 3 is installed and in your path (its a checkbox you need to select during installation)
2. then enter this command in your cmd or terminal.
Code:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!
3. then close any terminals/cmd prompts you have open, and then reopen them to update your paths/profile.
4. then run this command in either your cmd or terminal
Code:

To manually grab links and THEN download:
1. Get Tampermonkey
2. Add

JavaScript:

3. Go to a tiktok profile and press ctrl+alt+a
4. Once it scrolls back to the top all of the links should be in your clipboard.
5. Create a text file, save it somewhere you remember and paste the links inside.
6. Make sure Python 3 is installed and in your path (its a checkbox you need to select during installation) (avoid the microsoft store version)
7. Enter the following line in your command prompt / terminal.
Code:
8. Be sure to alter the paths. And then press enter!

Changes:
  • Took a long time, but finally got the most optimal infinite scroll in js I could for tiktok that only took me ~60 seconds to load 1000 videos.
  • Updated the script to ONLY run on "
    " urls.
  • Sped up the crawl a little more.
  • Added a hotkey (alt + a) to manually stop scrolling if you just want to catch the links as is.
  • Completely moved to a userscript base.
  • Fixed the slippery auto scroll that would happen if we jiggled too soon.

Upcoming:
  • Working on a solution to input a list of users, and then have the browser crawl every profile entirely and give you all of the video links when complete.
  • Once that is completed MAYBE turn this whole thing into a wonky unpacked extension.

Last edited:

Itxkameena

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
'playwright' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Hans Landa

German Pervert
Jun 10, 2022
If you want a simple and easy way of downloading Tiktok Content:

4k Tokkit - It's from the creators of 4kStogram etc. It works very well for me.

hkei

Less is More
Mar 12, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I'm having the same issue. I lost all my programming knowledge over the years, sorry.
I did however add
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\;C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\Scripts\; to my User PATH.

Do I need also add the C\ProgramFiles\Python310\ and Script directories to my System Variables too?

I keep getting still:
Code:

Last edited:

hkei

Less is More
Mar 12, 2022
Sorry, new post to followup to my past post:
Found that the "playwright" has a prerequisite, that's why the playwright install didnt work
pip install pytest-playwright
then
playwright install

after that neoliberal post post#1586966 works!!
edit2: after it downloads all the video stream URLs it then starts downloading the entire account, so dont worry if you dont see videos appearing when it has '[tiktok:user] 7200888471676833067: Downloading video feed'! - it will batch it all at the end

edit: need neoliberal 's input but the script throws some errors sometimes, not sure if its just because of random videos/missing content, or the like, i will have to check the individual tiktok video IDs with the error output, its probably due to the fork they suggested/used due to the official/main fork being broken for full profile scrapes, i would output all downloading to a txt file so you can find the 'missing' ones and try with alternate methods or a teleg bot
EDIT2: the errors I believe are probably due to non-video tiktoks, those 'slideshows' i have seen a few times, because I tried both the full profile scrape method + the URL grab via neoliberal's userscript, both outputted the same # of files, despite the input # being different (i.e. an account had 204 links scraped via the userscript, but the full profile scrape only got me 198, and the output was 197 files - who knows)

Last edited:

neolith

egirl shill
Mar 11, 2022
i'll update my guide with the prerequisites when i get the chance, thank you for figuring this out! and yep, you got it. the current forked yt-dlp doesn't really handle image tiktok posts that well, but it's the best we have since the official yt-dlp isn't really supporting broken tiktok stuff anytime soon.

Reactions: hkei

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
I'm really glad to see other people trying to find ways to rip entire tiktok profiles with no watermark. This thing has been driving me mad for the past two months. I used to use the firefox extension "TikTokTik", which gave low resolution, watermaked vids, but that was good enough. But then Tiktok decided to change their watermark a few months ago, and now instead of having a discreet watermark in the corners, they have a huge watermark right in the middle of the video. Since then I have been trying to find a way to download entire tiktok profiles without watermark, and I have tried SO MANY different scripts and extensions that either don't work anymore, or do work but are not downloading everything.

Currently, here are the best contenders :
-
. You feed it a list of links (I used the Google chrome extension "Link Grabber" before but neoliberal's script works even better), and it downloads videos without watermark in 576p (sadly not max res but close) and manages to pull every video every time. Has one major issue though : the videos downloaded don't have the video ID in the filename. This means that if this program ever breaks down, it will be a nightmare to use something else and mix the files. Also, doesn't create folders for accounts on its own.
-
. Works amazingly well with douyin links, you can feed it a profile link and it gets every video and image posts without watermark in full res (720p), and creates a folder for each account. Sadly, I didn't manage to make it work with tiktok profile/video links. It would have been the perfect tool if it did.
-
. If you feed it a single video link, it will let you download it without watermark in full res (720p). To my knowledge it is the only way to get full res videos from tiktok, other sites like Snaptik only give 576p. You can also feed it a profile link, but it won't get every video, and you'll only be able to get 576p versions, so it doesn't work for full profiles but I had to mention it for the single 720p vids.
- Link grabbing script + Jdownloader2. Gets vids without watermark in 576p. Some of the vids don't get downloaded and you have to go grab them manually. You have to make folders for each account manually. Slow, tedious, makes me wanna kms, but that's what I'm currently using.

- And lastly, neoliberal's custom solution using yt-dlp, "To manually grab links and THEN download" (not the yt-dlp profile ripper, I had already tried that before and it didn't work). Looks super promising and I was really hyped when I read this thread, but weirdly, maybe 80% of the videos that it downloads are missing frames and freezing during the first second. If you compare those videos with the same video downloaded with another tool, you can see that they much smaller in size too. I don't know if it's a problem on my end or if it's a new bug with yt-dlp that wasn't there when neoliberal wrote his post. If it wasn't for this bug, this would defintely be the solution that I use.

Edit : Problem was on my end. neoliberal's solution works perfectly, downloads in full HD no watermark, and creates folders for each account. It's the best.

Though there is one thing I noticed, some of the vids can't be pulled with yt-dlp, but TikDown can. It would be nice if yt-dlp created a .txt files to let us know which urls didn't get downloaded. I'll see if this can be added to the command.

Last edited:

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Sorry for the double post, but I found a fix to the problem I had with neoliberal 's solution. I'm posting it in case anyone had the same issue.

I use this command :
Code:

Changing it to get the best h264 video is what did it. h265 vids in 720p were all systematically corrupted for me.

This fix means neoliberal's solution is 100% the best TikTok ripper I have seen so far. You can disregard the ones I mentionned in my previous post, except for tikwm if you really want some specific hand-picked 720p vids.

If anyone on their end can download 720p vids using neoliberal's command, please let me know, because if that's the case, that means something is wrong on my end when grabbing h265 vids from tiktok and I'd need to fix it.

Edit : Nevermind, problem was on my end. Do use neoliberal's command, it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkei

hkei

Less is More
Mar 12, 2022
Aw shit, I didn't even think of that Obicase ...
Is HEVC better than H264 for tiktok quality at this time or would you say it's just personal preference?

This kinda sets off my OCD bc I didn't realize I was ripping via HEVC/265 this entire time via neoliberal 's method, and since I have, I have ripped a good dozen profiles, so I am wondering if I have to do it again and also sort thru said folders for making sure I don't purge an HVEC video that doesn't have its equivalent anymore due it being deleted... fug...

EDIT: When I try Obicase 's method, it gives me ONLY 1024PX versions in H264 -- can anyone else confirm??
EDIT2: I tried
Code:
and it still only gives me 1024px versions, no 1280px versions, what gives? Is it because neoliberal and I are using a forked yt-dlp?

here's my cmd.exe output when I try BOTH methods. it appears somehow the H264 pull is only grabbing the 540p version, but the HEVC/orig method is pulling 720p:
Code:

Last edited:
Reactions: Obicase

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Ok I just found out the problem was on my side. Turns out the video player and/or my computer just can't run h265 vids without stuttering. I tried playing them on my phone and it worked just fine. Disregard what I said, neoliberal's solution and command line are the best, with it you get 720p h265 vids.

Edit: switched from VLC to mpv and now h265 files run just fine. Kind of feel stupid now, but at least the problem is fixed lul.

Last edited:

hkei

Less is More
Mar 12, 2022
afaik the scraper is broken and hasn't been updated in a year
4tokkit imo is worthless, it gives 540p with watermarks

neoliberals' guide with the fixed yt-dlp is the best and only method thats effective, but it maxes out at 720p still
otherwise paid telegram bots (not a great alternative, most ive seen is 720p as well) or tikwm (best quality, 1080p but its a website, but youll have to paste every link)

i did find another tool lately, but its an extension and manually pops up the downloads in batch, so it can be cumbersome but i did find it gives me 1080p; but it depends if the person who uploaded in 1080p/max res for said video

Last edited:
Reactions: shareholder

richard2480

Fan
Jun 3, 2022
you can hijack the tikwm link for any video by pasting the end of the tiktok video URL in this format:

e.g. for the following video (ID is 7203265886373874987; idk how to disable the embed)

it would be

and it'll redirect you to the

so if you get all the URLs for a profile using something like neoliberal's script, you can easily automate getting all the associated tikwm links.

this won't work for images, but tiktok doesn't lock down image albums as much as they do videos so it's a lot easier to write a script to scrape those

Last edited: