Tools Ways to rip entire TikTok profile?

xoeh

Bathwater Drinker
Sep 21, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Thanks. I guess I will have to try tomorrow when I have more time, as I am unfamiliar with yt-dlp.

Hopefully said account will go unprivate (since they were always public) but who knows, but I really appreciate this alternative approach. I'm just used to the chrome-build awemer (and now the python standalone, but I recently changed desktop accounts and realized a lot of my PATH changes were not system wide, despite even having ffmpeg a while back!).

Appreciate this treasure trove of info in this thread.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
The browser awemer works to download private accounts, but only if you scrape the profile and not individual toks (big "Download toks" button at the top of the page), and it will only download SD vids (576x1024 no wm). Just did it right now.
The standalone javascript awemer, no clue. I must be too dumb to make it work.

If you want to download individual toks in private accounts you can also use the browser extension
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
(absolutely essential extension tbh, useful on other sites too). Allow right click -> right click tok -> download the vid. Sadly it will also be in SD (576x1024 no wm).

Using cookies is not yet supported in the python program, but anon said he's looking into it.

Edit :
I had not seen neolith's reply. Just tried with yt-dlp, it works and downloads in HD, too. Nice.
Forget the rest of my comment then. yt-dlp seems to be the superior way to download private accounts if you don't mind using a link grabber extension to grab the links of all the toks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beakwood

CLENYCLEB

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
Can you post quick tutorial of code lines to use for yt-dlp for ripping tiktok profiles (public)? No rush and thanks.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Yo guys, sharing more info on tiktok scraping that's more or less related to the thread.

is a site with its own tiktok API that archives tiktoks, including toks that have been deleted. Pretty cool to download accounts that are banned/deleted or even singular deleted toks. Note that they will only have deleted tiktoks archived IF it was archived when it was still up, if it wasn't archived before it was deleted, it's gone for good. Anyway, this site has been around for years now so that's not new.

However, what is new (to me anyway) is that you can download all of the tiktoks of an account archived in tik.fail quickly in one download.
Typing this in your url bar will create and download an archive of all the toks archived on tik.fail of that account in max resolution (replace "<username>" with the actual username) :
https://api.tik.fail/zip/<username>?hd=true

You can also replace "true" with "false" if you want lower quality only (don't do that).

You can also go on the tik.fail disc 0rd and use bot commands in a channel there to request that tikfail automatically monitors and archives accounts of your choosing. You can request monitoring on up to 10 accounts.
I can't post a link to it per forum rules, but you can find it on the tik.fail website.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Some more info regarding usernames, account ID, SecUid, and how to "track" accounts that change their usernames.

If an account changes its username and you're trying to find what the new username is, there are a few methods :

- Search for the old account name in the tiktok search bar. If the account was tagged in someone's else tok or if one of its toks was dueted or stitched, they will show up in the results. You can click the hyperlink in the description and it will actually send you to the new account name.

- If you have any video ID of that account, you can type https://www.tiktok.com/@test/video/[videoID] in your url bar to be sent directly to that video. What you put as the username doesn't matter. For exemple, https://www.tiktok.com/@test/video/7277613642206481706 will send me to mikahhlynn's account, even if I put "test" as the username. The video must be still up though.

- ID and SecUid. Each tiktok account has an ID and SecUid. These IDs do not change, even if the user changes the account name. In your url bar, typing
https://www.tiktok.com/@[ID or SecUid] will always send you to that account, regardless of its username. If the ID doesn't point to an account, that means the account associated with that ID was deleted/banned/deactivated.

To easily get the ID / SecUid of an account or a list of accounts :

- You can see the ID and SecUid of an account on your browser easily simply by installing the awemer browser extension linked earlier in the thread.

- You can use the "new awemer" python script linked earlier in the thread to create a list of ID and SecUid automatically by running the command python awemer.py -u profiles.txt -i. Just copy/paste what's in the CMD to a text file to keep that list.

- You can go on tik.fail, search for the old username of an account, open one of its archived toks, and if the tok is recent enough, if you click the tiktok logo next to the username under the video, it will send you to that account using SecUid. This is especially useful if you didn't save the ID/SecUid beforehand. I'm not sure when exactly tik.fail started using SecUid over usernames, but old archived toks won't have that feature.

One last related note, is that tiktok recycles usernames pretty fast after an account is renamed or deleted. There are more and more catfishes and scammers taking the exact same account name of old tiktok "stars" that deleted their accounts. Using account IDs or video IDs is the foolproof way to immediately tell if you're looking at the real account or not.

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
The most simplistic method, I was not doing it. @ID as I've been archiving using the ID. Previously I was using the methods of, for example, awemer and getting most recent video downloaded from that ID or using the method of test/[video ID]/
This is quite actually a goldmine site, as I've found others, but they weren't as solidified with the amount of archives. Thanks for the share.
neolith there's a way to download full toks with yt-dlp I don't think i can actually link it but it's a plugin on dlp. As proof,

Reactions: wartft and neolith

neolith

egirl shill
Mar 11, 2022

I think the plugin was linked earlier in the thread. Just didnt recommend it since it isnt native support, but it looks good! I use a custom python solution that leverages tikwm, so just haven't had to use this plugin yet, but I'm probably gonna switch to it.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Here you go, i reuploaded all the versions I had of the extension to a mega :
Latest version is 2023_05_10.
I don't know if there is much use to having the older ones but it's so lightweight I figured I might as well upload them too.

Disclaimer : I'm not the dev, not responsible for anything that happens as the result of using this extension, etc.

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
Not sure if it has been mentioned, didn't read the entire thread, but for anyone that is trying to download a video from a privated profile, you can also do it through inspect element on Chrome.

If you are unfamiliar with inspect element: open a new tab, press CTRL+SHIFT+I, paste the video link and hit enter, go to the Network tab, sort by type and look for "media" - one of these should work.

Unfortunately you will only be able to get videos in 576x1024 using this method.

xoeh

Bathwater Drinker
Sep 21, 2023
It appears that the browser chrome extension 2023_05_10 now doesn't work with image posts. I kept getting "JSON" downloads instead.

sjiggz

Casual
Nov 21, 2023
If you like to handpick videos you download, try this script:

Copy&paste the code above to a .txt file, change its extension to .py, create [links].txt and put tiktok links into. Make sure you have Python and necessary packages installed.
Code:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!

The script uses tik.fail api and can download both videos (in HD if it exists) and images.
Linkclump, Link Gopher, Simple Autoscroll are some of the extensions I use to harvest links from profiles.

sova7

Bathwater Drinker
Jan 27, 2024
Looks like this doesn't work anymore. My friend gave me this link a few months ago and it appears it broke over the last week. It cannot download anything unfortunately.

What's the next best suggestion for getting the maximum size video from an account, for someone who isn't too programming savvy? I know some things but I don't program.
Thanks

edit: may be it's due to tikwm com not working either? just tried that site too to try 1 video and its failing at the non-watermarked HD.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Yeah that broke for me a while ago too. Tiktok is doing something on their end and it's messing with the APIs (tikwm, tik.fail, etc.).

Check out this other tool I shared in the thread, it's a command line program that uses python. It's really easy to use if you have already used other command line programs before. If you needed a detailed tutorial just let me know. It's what I've been using for a few months, ever since the browser extension broke.

Download and use what's in the "USE THIS FOR NOW" folder. The older versions aren't working anymore but an anon made a fix just 5 hours ago.

Disclaimer : not my code, use at your own risk.

Reactions: pogggersx

jackwelch1

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
btw, just a random question, i only follow and like accounts of girls, however of recent i notice the tiktok algorithms recommends me non-girl accounts like cooking, food, tech, psychology etc stuff on my fyp. is there a setting for me to turn this off and only get suggestions of hot girl accounts. its really making tiktok un-usable for me of late.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Reactions: jackwelch1